- The Mysti Krewe of Nimbus brings the traditional Louisiana Mardi Gras experience to Portland, Oregon. We give Louisiana expatriates an opportunity to celebrate Mardi Gras in a traditional manner, as well as to extend the tradition to local folks who have a Joie de Vivre and affinity for Louisiana culture.
The 2018 Mardi Gras Ball is February 10th at the Tiffany Center Emerald Ballroom
- 2017 Trolley Gras and Winter Light Festival:
- 2017 Mardi Gras Ball: Feb 18th 2017
- 2017 Mardi Gras Day Parade: Feb 28th
- BrassRoots Movement
- Bloco Algeria
- The Beat Goes On Marching Band
- Kid’s Costume Contest
- Afterparty at Ecliptic
- 2017 OHS Doggie Dash May 13th 2017
- 2017 Starlight Parade - Walking entry - June 4th 2017
- 2017 NW Pride Parade June 13th 2017
- 2017 Waterfront Blues Festival - Louisiana Pavilion June 30th through July 4th
- 2017 Big Float July 14th
- 2017 Music on Main with the BrassRoots Movement August 2nd
- 2017 First Krewe Meeting for the 2018 Mardi Gras Ball
- 2017 Wetland and Wellies Benefit for Wetland Conservancy Oct 8th
Coming up in 2018:
January 27th: Trolley Gras!
February 10th: Eight Annual Portland Mardi Gras Ball
February 13th: Portland Mardi Gras Day Parade
The source of the word Nimbus in Greek Mythology means a cloudy radiance said to surround a diety when on earth. We find this name particularly appropriate, since it also is a rain cloud — and we live in the rainy Northwest. We have even changed the traditional “Mystic” to “Mysti” to further reflect this rainy condition. Mardi Gras falls during the rainiest time of the year, but this gives us an opportunity to bring together family and friends and celebrate as if it were the middle of the summer. As we like to say, Laissez les bon temps rouler!