How do you celebrate Fat Tuesday in a Pacific Northwest town thousands of miles from Louisiana? With the Mysti Krewe of Nimbus, of course! The fun starts on Twelth Night – January 6th, and goes through July 4th!
- Twelfth night, January 6th 2019, join the Krewe and celebrate our theme announcement and Happy Hour at Tapalaya at 3pm
- Trolley Gras, February 16th: Watch for the Krewe around Portland on a party bus handing out cards and beads to promote the Ball on March 2nd – it’s our tribute to the Phunny Phortey Phellows and their traditional Twelth Night Trolley Ride that starts the Carnival Season!
- Ninth Annual Portland Mardi Gras Ball, March 2nd: The Saturday before Fat Tuesday! Come out to the Tiffany Center Emerald Ballroom for a night of high spirits, costumes, live music, and much more – tickets: https://www.tickettomato.com/event/5921/the-9th-annual-portland-mardi-gras-ball
- Lundi Gras: The Monday Before Fat Tuesday – look for music and fun around Portland – watch this space, and our Facebook page
- Fat Tuesday Mardi Gras Day Parade on Mississippi Avenue March 5th: Free, family friendly community parade with marching bands, collectable umbrella throws, beads and many surprises – we’re never sure who will show up!
- April: 82nd Avenue of Roses Parade – the Krewe was there in 2018 and may show up again in 2019!
- May: Mysti Krewe of Barkus joins the OHS Doggy Dash!
- June: June 1st catch the Krewe in the Rose Festival Starlight Parade!
- June: We’ll be strutting our stuff in the Portland Pride Parade
- July 4th Weekend: Second lines, dancing, music, Lousiana food and more at the Waterfront Blues festival – The Krewe manages the Louisiana Pavillion.
In the meantime, you can celebrate that Fat Tuesday joie de vivre at many locations around Portland, including Bistro Montage, Acardia New Orleans Bistro, Tapalaya, My Brother’s Crawfish, and EAT Oyster Bar